Friday, June 4, 2010

Prairie Feast in Swift Current

Thank you to the Southwest Naturalists for a wonderful evening at the Swift Current Museum on Thurs., June 3. I read some stories, signed some books and enjoyed good conversation over nibbles made with Saskatchewan ingredients including potato fritatta, sausages, a rhubarb cake and good hearty homemade bread.

I slept like a baby at the Green Hectares Bed & Breakfast. In the morning I hiked to the petroglyph at dawn then popped into the Dutch Bakery on Main Street. I also found a treasure in the local Goodwill store -- an additon for my collection of "tacky tourist mugs from cities in which I have drunk coffee."



3 comments:

  1. Amy Jo, you mention both the 2nd and 3rd for this event. Do you know which night yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops. Thanks for pointing that out. The event is Thurs., June 3.
    Hope you can come out!

    ReplyDelete

Followers