Sunday, October 10, 2010

Heading north with Prairie Feast

A few years ago, my husband and I set off for a weekend of camping in Meadow Lake, but my car had transmission trouble outside the Battlefords and we had to turn back. So, finally, my first visit to Meadow Lake!

I was invited to read from Prairie Feast at two events on one day. First, the afternoon in  North Battleford for a book event at the public library. It was great to have the kids from Bready School in the audience asking all the right questions.

In Meadow Lake, the library organized a dessert evening at the seniors' centre, including a display of local-produced foods. Every dessert was made with a locally grown item, such as zucchini chocolate cake, baklava (dripping in honey) and pumpkin pie. I picked up a squeeze bottle of honey from the Parkland Honey Farm and a sack of potatoes. Thanks to everyone for a wonderful welcome!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Amy Jo.
    I was given your book the other day and I really like it. I have a question though. As it is zucchini season I was going to make the zucchini loaf but 15 oz of cheese seems like a lot. Is this the correct amount?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! No that's a typo. How on earth did that happen?? It's supposed to be 150 grams. I'll have to talk to the publisher about that.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll change that then. But thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Followers